Living Sport are committed to ensuring that every young person has access to a fun, inclusive and safe environment when participating in physical activity. On this page, you will find links to support networks you can access should you need them.
From yoga to singing, sports clubs to arts groups, or perhaps somewhere to talk or get a cup of tea, ideas of local things to do to get a wellbeing boost
- Buddyboost– Share your activity with friends in a private group and support one another.
- Use our ‘Activity map finder’ to find a sport you like, close to you.
- Go for a walk and take notice of what’s around you. Listen for sounds you can hear, smell the fresh air.
- Try and learn something new. Click here for 40 things to do when you’re bored.
Support for Young People
Young people can improve their mental health by staying physically active, learning about mental health and wellbeing, tracking their own mood, learning good coping strategies, managing stress, how to manage difficult feelings and reaching out for specialist help when they need it. Below is a list of useful resources for young people:
- The Kite Trust – Offer support for Families, Training packages, and Children and Young people around well-being and LGBTQ+. Click here to see what young people have said about how The Kite Trust have supported them.
- Stormbreak- Aim to improve children’s mental health through movement, equipping them with sustainable, transferable skills and coping strategies to thrive during the complex demands of growth into adult life.
- Keep Your Head– brings together good, reliable information on mental health and wellbeing.
Support for Parents
- The “Parents support parents” group meets on the last Friday of every month at Huntingdon Youth Centre, PE29 7AF and the first Tuesday of the month at Huntingdon Regional College PE29 1BL 7-9pm.
Look out for events we put on across Cambridgeshire & Peterborough by following our socials:
- Twitter – @Living_Sport
- Instagram- Livingsportcambridgeshire
Or. Sign up to our monthly newsletter here
Young Peoples Counciling Service
Future Scooter events for young people
Girls in to Golf - Cambourne VC
ASKING FOR HELP.
Tip! Remember, it is always better to talk to someone you trust about how you are feeling than to keep it to yourself. This could be…
- A parent
- A friend
- A coach
- A teacher
If you would like to get in touch with a member of the Living Sport team, please don’t hesitate to contact them directly.
Lead Safeguarding Officer:
Lead Children and Young People Safeguarding Officer:
David Welch, Children and Young People Manager:
Phone: 07872 855278
Deputy Children and Young People Safeguarding Officer:
Megan Fey, Children and Young People Co-ordinator:
Phone: 07872 852847
Lead Adult Safeguarding Officer:
Position Vacant: Contact – Sally.firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Important Contacts