Living Sport work with partners to support people as they get older to keep active and live a healthy fulfilled life for as long as possible into older age. Physical activity can benefit everyone’s health, improve sleep and quality of life, help to maintain a healthy weight and manage stress.
Some of the projects we are currently involved with include:
- Developing Walking Sports activity across the County.
- We have a Coaching Older People Workshop that anyone can attend if they would like to learn more about delivering to people as they age and engaging with them in a safe and supportive way, visit our Training Courses for upcoming dates.
- The County Council’s Public Health campaign #StrongerforLonger
- Our work includes promoting the Campaign when we are out and about and on our social media channels
- Supporting the organisation’s that are accredited to deliver Strength and Balance classes across the county – these are Forever Active (Cambridge, South Cambs, East Cambs and Fenland) One Leisure Active Lifestyles Right Start (Huntingdonshire) Oak Activities (Fenland) and Vivacity (Peterborough)
- Delivering Functional Fitness MOTs at events and sessions – these include Huntingdon Supporting Older People sessions, Age UK events and Fenland District’s Golden Age Fairs. Each district also run drop in session to run Functional Fitness MOTs periodically throughout the year dates are published when available
- We also support projects to deliver in the County like British Gymnastics Foundation’s Age and dementia Friendly Gymnastics programme.
If you are interested in getting involved with any of these programmes and want more information or have a new idea you would like support with please contact Rebecca Evans.