The Youth Panel is a broad range of young people, aged 11-18, who work as a team to feedback on the Children and Young People projects that Living Sport is involved in across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
The aim of the Youth Panel is to enable young people to voice their ideas and thoughts about sport and physical activity projects for other young people and be involved in decision making and shaping the direction for this work with the Active Partnership.
We want all CYP projects to have youth voice at the heart of them, and the panel acts as a representative voice. All members of the Living Sport Youth Panel will have their voice heard by sharing their opinions and experiences of sport and physical activity. The Youth Panel will enable young people with the opportunity to volunteer and gain valuable experience for the future, useful for leadership roles within school and college, and becoming part of the volunteer workforce in the sport and physical activity sector.
- The Youth Panel will meet six times per year (every 2 months) – virtually starting from May 2021. Meetings will be after school in May, July, Sept, Nov, Jan, March.
- Commitment will be for one year initially.
- Share your ideas at meetings with the Living Sport team.
- There will be an opportunity to be involved with events organised by Living Sport and to help shape local community youth sport and physical activity projects where you live.
Living Sport will:
- Living Sport will support the young people to improve personal skills.
- Provide Living Sport Panel kit
- Access to fully funded training opportunities.
The Youth Panel application form can be found here.
Applications are welcome from all young people aged 11-18 years, please ensure that the online application form is completed by 5pm on 26 April 2021.
For further information about the youth panel, please contact Sally Gibson.