The Holiday Activities and Food programme (HAF) offers a free holiday scheme place to some children during the Easter, Summer and Christmas holidays. The information below is aimed at holiday scheme providers and families to support the HAF programme.
Eligible families include:
- Families receiving income-related free school meals (FSM)
- Where there are FSM eligible and non-eligible children in a family
- Newly arrived refugee families
- Families struggling financially (subject to referral from school)
- Families being support by Social Care or Early Help Services (subject to referral from the service)
Further information here.
Do you know the parts of the body along with the muscles and what they all do? Have a look at the video resource below and see if you can practice some of the skills at home. See if you can come up with some new skills using the different parts of your body.
We have created some fun games that can get you and the family active. These activities are really easy to set up and can get the whole family involved. They will take between 15-30 minutes to play and are able to be played at home or in the garden using minimal equipment. The videos also include a progression option to give yourself an extra challenge, below you will find a video introduction into how to play the skill game as well as a downloadable resource.
Mount Mile Winter Edition (Virtual Challenge)
The Mount Mile Winter Edition Challenge consists of a printable mountain picture that children can use to tick off each time they get active. There are ideas for activity and ‘checkpoints’ along the way where they can download a video to motivate them to keep going. More details are in the documents below.
- Mount Mile Map Poster (PDF)
- Mount Mile Winter Edition Challenge Provider Guidance (PDF)
- Mount Mile Winter Edition Challenge Parent/ Carer Guidance (PDF)
- Mount Mile Winter Edition Challenge Children (PDF)
Fitness Workout Videos
We have created some at home exercise workouts. All involving different skills but can be done sitting or standing. These 15-30 minute videos include high intensity workouts as well as fun dances that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
- HIIT Workout
- Lower Body Workout
- Dance Workout
- Boxercise Workout
- Mobility and Stretching
- Fitness Workout
- Street Dance Session
For more ideas to stay active visit at our website here.
If your child has additional needs and you are looking for specific activities, please visit our people with a disability page for more resources.